Tuesday, April 17, 2007

'The Secret' is Out!

I have very,very fine,naturaly Curly hair ! I have fought it for years on my own with various huge curlers,heat curlers,hair dryer's,etc. But about 1 1/2 years ago I 'found' my hairdresser & now a great friend,Ashley. At first it was just cuts,highlights,& drying once every few months. But I for some reason(everyone says I'm lucky) I only have to wash & 'do' my hair once a week!! And so I asked Ashley, if she would mind washing & doing my hair every week so it would always look good & because my hair is also Long, Thick ! It causes me to get VERY hot;especially in Summer while blowing it dry & Reggie knows not to come near the bathroom or I literally 'growl' at him;I'm usually a very sweet person : )!! Anyhow my long,blonde,obnoxious hair is now Wonderful & pretty much, always looks good. The main problem I have with this though is,how many of you remember your Grandmother's or Mother's having their 'Blue Hair' or 'Jet Black Hair ' done every week,back when??? My hair is completely soft & touchable but, I kinda feel like My Gandma Margie or Grandma Podlasinski w/the little blue,gray curls, in my mind.AAhhh,My mind can be be a demeaning place sometime!
The good news is though I found out that almost everybody I talk to walking around w/perfectly straight locks is also a 'Closet Curly'....misery loves company, as they say.

7 comments:

mr zig said...

Sometimes I wish I had curly hair - Actually I wish I could grown an afro... that'd be awesome I would grow the biggest one possible. So big that I would have trouble getting through doors.

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Growl! You are mean as a two headed snake near that blow dryer.

Gigi said...

Oh Zig,Zig,Zig, be careful what you wish for or the 'Curly Hair Fairy' could hit you in the night :)....Wait until I dig up pic's of my Brother during the '70's w/his 'Afro',you might change your mind. Just the memory makes me LOL !!

Peach Pod said...

Do you mean Mark's photo from college? I think I have a copy of that!

BTW, ya'll should see Gigi's hair in real life. It's really pretty, or as we say, purty.

Gigi said...

No,not Mark;in fact he was mortified about Patrick's 'new hair-do' @ the Embarasament that it might 'shed' on Him ! But,to have the Nahru(sp?)Jacket Pic would be a Hoot!

Ali said...

I am a total closet curly - when I leave my hair to dry on it's own, I have one huge mess of curls...so, of course, I straighten it most of the time.
I do remember my grandma getting her hair done every week "down at the shop" but you are FAR from grandmotherly!

Gigi said...

Ali, Isn't it 'freeing' to come out of the "Curly Closet"???
Whenever I let mine go natural everyone thinks I had a Perm!And then they ooh & ahh about how lucky I am to have Thick,curly hair;they have NO idea.