Friday, July 20, 2007

My Mom's Break-in!

My Mom calls yesterday about 4:00PM( it was her day off;yep she is 73 & still working Full-time!). She lives at the NC coast & moved there to get to the Beach & quality of life. Well she never gets to really enjoy it because she works FT & does yard work & lives alone. Anyway , at first she walks in from a brief trip out to find her house all messed up & a tire iron on her bedroom dresser & the back door was wide open!! At first before she saw the tire iron & open door she thought the cats had had a 'knock down drag-out'. Anyway all her jewelry is gone including 3 St Croix bracelets from Sonya,Ltd & jewelry that my Grandma had left her and one of her cats was gone! After I calmed her down she called the Police (Ha!)& they take the tire iron for evidence (joke)! Now I hate to say this but this has always been one of the 'last bastions' of what we consider a more laid back,untouched,more old timey beach & a very innocent middle class populous overall . Well all the recent construction & upgrading (everyone has to have at least 4 or 5 bathrooms now???) it has brought in a lot of 'illegals' that no one does anything about but 'politicize' ! They say they don't have 'jail space' for them!!!!Who wants them in jail for gosh sakes?? Put them on a bus,train,plane & send them back to the country that they belong in!
Now anyone that is here legally, more power to them(My Sister in law came from Davo,Phillipines 4yrs ago,legally) ! but I am sick to death of all the excuses & rise in crime.My Mom is devasted but I told her I will call & take care of having heavy duty,key only dead bolt's installed & also this is the 1st time she hasn't had a Dog in yrs, so a Dog is in her future, along w/fencing her backyard(small thank God) for the Dog.
Off to call the Locksmith!!

1 comment:

TerryC said...

Gosh, Gigi, you and your Mom are such an inspiration! You both have sooo much energy!

I can only aspire to still be working at age 73. Well...maybe not working full time. But, just to have the energy to keep at it, whatever it is. Sailing is work to some people. So is taking folks out on hikes. THAT's what I'm talking about!

My Mom died at age 55, so I'm always excited to hear about exceptional women. Your Mom cetainly is one of them!